The Mission of the DWCL Library
DWCL Library is committed to provide dynamic learning environment that supports the educational, intellectual and spiritual development of its academic community through systematic and easy access to variety of information sources
To provide responsive, systematic and effective means of acquiring, storing, organizing and preserving documentary references for easy access and retrieval of information by the students, faculty, staff, and administration.
Provide current and appropriate library materials and databases that support the academic curriculum;
- Provide access to information resources regardless of location through networking and the world wide web
- Preserve DWCL library collections, and maintain and upgrade physical and technological infrastructure to enhance the quality of services
- Enhance information literacy by developing effective plans aiming at improving student’s ability to:
- Access information efficiently and effectively
- Evaluate and information and its sources critically
- Understand economic, legal and social issues when using information
- Access and use information critically and legally
- Continue to strengthen and update all collection to meet the needs of DWCL Programs.
Library Service Hours
Regular Days – Monday to Friday – 8:00 – 7:00
Saturday – 8:00 – 12:00
Summer & Term Breaks – Monday to Friday – 8:00 – 12:00 to 1:00 – 5:00
Saturday – 8:00 – 12:00
Regular Days- Monday to Friday – 8:00 – 12:00 to 1:30 – 6:00
Saturday – 8:00 – 5:00
Access to DWCL Libraries’ Collection
- library Catalog @ http://10.2.1.4/app/catalog.cf(onsite); http://apps.dwcl-legazpi.edu/app/catalog.cf(offsite)
- Databases @ http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/phdwcl (get your password from the librarian).
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All students are required to secure LIBRARY CARD from the librarian. It is required for borrowing library materials and for clearance signing at the end of semester/school year.
- Students and faculty must first swipe their ID’s at the ID Scanner located at the entrance of the library
- Bags and other personal belongings can be brought inside the library but must be presented for a security check upon going out.
- Each student is allowed to borrow 5 books of different titles for 2 days. Overdue has the corresponding penalty
- To avoid unnecessary alarm from the security device, all library materials to be taken out must first be checked out at the Circulation Desk.